Media sales jobs are often fascinating people because the perspective of working in a dynamic and modern sector as advertising and media are – and gaining good commissions while doing so – has always exercised a great influence.
What people often don’t know is how many different roles and sectors can be found in media sales jobs.
- Account Manager of a client base ensuring that the clients’ needs are being catered for and that they are happy with the service and response. You will review their existing spend and build on the relationship to maximise sales opportunities.
- Sales Administrator, to process a high volume of product orders, invoices for all sales transactions, checking prices and contracts and much more.
- Business Development Manager, to find new customers and persuade existing ones to buy extra services.
- Media Planner, who identifies which media platforms would best advertise a client’s brand or product. They work within advertising agencies or media planning and buying agencies. They enable their clients to maximise the impact of their advertising campaigns through the use of a range of media.
- Publisher & Producer. Britain and its big cities, in particular, will always be powerful business centres which attract overseas and domestic visitors for conferences of all kinds- from in-house staff conferences to large international conventions and expos. Conference producers will always be needed to manage these large events and may be even more in demand if the business in the field continues to grow and become increasingly professionalised. Equally, many of the best conference producer jobs are likely to be found overseas in coming years, which offers British talent the chance to go abroad and gain vital experience in overseas events markets. Saudi Arabia, Dubai and Oman are likely to be key markets, as these economies look to countries such as Britain to provide skilled talent in the commercial fields.
- Media Sales Executive – our website name! Media sales Executive tasks usually include:
- Contacting potential clients, usually over the telephone but also in a face to face environment to describe potential advertising opportunities.
- Contacting the existing clients to arrange the design and placement of advertisements, the payments for this and to ensure their continued support.
- Attending meetings to ensure your clients are fully aware of all potential advertising, promotion and sponsorship opportunities and to cement your relationship with them for the long term.
- Attending industry networking events, exhibitions, seminars and conferences to build awareness of your industry and meet potential and existing clients.
- Developing and maintaining an in-depth understanding of the marketplace you work in, including regular analysis of competitor activity and identifying opportunities for new product development and new revenue streams.
- Working closely with the editorial features team to ensure all leads are covered and relevant information exchanged to the benefit of both parties. Editorial input from sales executives normally receives a welcoming response.
- Working closely with production departments to ensure advertisements are placed into the correct products, in the right place and at the right time.
- Working closely with the advertising operations team to ensure the correct advertisements are placed on the pages of the correct websites at the correct time, according to your clients’ wishes.
- Keeping accurate records of sales, contacts and deals.
- Sales Director, who designs and approves all the sales strategies, having all the authority regarding the sales process and Sales Manager, who carries out those strategies, implementing them in his/her specified territory.
You can find the above-mentioned Roles in these Media Sales Jobs Sectors:
- Ambient Media
- Business to Business or B2B Publishing
- Business to Consumer or B2C Publishing
- Business Intelligence
- Events, conferences and exhibitions
- Digital and New Media
- National and Regional Press Advertising
- Outdoor or Out of Home OOH
- Cinema & Television
Life in Media Sales and Advertising
At MediaSalesExec.com, you can access all you need for the perfect advertising and media sales lifestyle. Here, job seekers can find their ideal occupation within this exciting field by browsing current vacancies. Additionally, employers can post job listings and training courses or peruse our CV database to find the perfect candidate for their open positions.
Be the Best in the Industry
Whether you want to learn more about the media sales industry and its sectors, search for industry events, get career advice or simply to keep up to date with the latest media sales gossip, MediaSalesExec.com provides all the information you desire. Searching for the perfect suit? We show you where to buy it. Not sure where to grab a drink after work? We tell you the best places around. Don’t understand certain industry-specific terms? We explain what they really mean. MediaSalesExec.com stops you having to go to countless sites to find the answers to your media questions—they’re all right here in one spot. No more sifting through thousands of unrelated job postings that are for totally different industries, as our site shows you positions in the media sales industry only, so you can find the job of your dreams.
Learn more by visiting our MediaSalesExec.com!